Even as a small business, the creators of Windy & Wallflower work hard to reduce waste in our shipping supplies. Almost all of our shipping materials are either compostable, recyclable or biodegradable. All extras are usually reused from products shipped to us. We ask folks to help us out and to please dispose of these shipping materials properly!
Here is a breakdown of our commonly used materials and how to dispose of them:
- Cardboard envelope mailers are all compostable or recyclable
- Cardboard boxes are all compostable or recyclable
- Bubble mailers are typically biodegradable. If it isn’t indicated, it was likely reused, and it’s possible to keep reusing (as long as it’s not falling apart!)
- All packaging and labels, including the tape and stickers, are compostable/biodegradable
- Interior packaging, such as tissue and bubblewrap, are mixed. Anything paper is recyclable. The bubblewrap is reused from previous shipments, and can be reused again
- Plastic sleeves on books and pins are all compostable/biodegradable.
If you have any questions, feel free to contact us!
A side note, if there are any Canadian companies creating eco-friendly packaging, feel free to reach out to us!